Saturday, April 25, 2009

Twitter

To be completely honest, my twitter experience thus far is lacking. Ever since we have started exploring twitter in the classroom, I have seen people advertising their twitter accounts EVERYWHERE! However, I have a lot more exploring to do before I am officially a regular user.

My first effort in exploring twitter was simply using the tools it gives you up front. I made a few status updates, sent messages, searched different people to follow, and searched other people's pages. I can see where more in-depth research would be beneficial, it is just hard to stay interested and spend time there when I do not see the full point.

As with blogging and podcast, I can see the connection and informational value of twitter. I can see where you would use it to connect with other teachers across the globe. It is a quick resource for getting a variety of answers on a subject. It just seems like another technology tool in the bag. However, at this moment in my life, it just seems like one more thing to check and keep up with.

Twitpic serves as an interesting part of twitter by allowing you to post pictures and leave comments. This would be a neat idea to use as far as posting your students work, or getting ideas for classroom decorations and projects. I do like that twitter allows you to connect in a helpful way to other people who are interested in your life and things you have going on. When I begin to understand twitter better, I will find ways to fit it into my teaching schedule, and use it as yet another aid in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment