Saturday, April 25, 2009

EDM 310 Class Review

This class has been very informative and helpful. It has taught me just enough to be dangerous with technology, and shown me the importance of furthering my education on how to incorporate technology in the classroom.

Blogs
In the past, I had read a few of my friend's blogs, but I had never considered the informational tool they could be to me as a teacher. The main things my friends wrote about were feelings, ideas, and other things they just wanted to write down. They were not necessarily used for informational purposes. When we began to use blogging in the classroom, my whole perspective changed, and now I will most definitely be using blogging in my classroom!

Presentations
As far as presentations go, I already knew how to use them in a powerpoint set-up; however, I never made them through google. I enjoyed learning how to use them as another part of the endless things google has to offer.

Google Documents
Before I took this class, I had only a little bit of experience with google documents, spreadsheets, and things of that nature. It has been neat to explore them and really figure out the ends and outs of this tool. I will definitely continue to use.

Picasa
I had heard of Picasa and looked at friends albums from there, but I had never played with this website before this class. I am not a huge picture taker, so I did not know that much about the website, but I am sure that I will use it in the future as my need for a camera grows.

Podcast
The podcast were interesting and fun to make. Once again, I had heard of podcast, but never used them before. I plan on continuing to use them for information, collaborating, and ideas. I am excited to see their potential in the future of my career.

Twitter
I had only heard of Twitter one other time before actually getting an account in this class. Even though I am not completely sold on it at this point, I am going to continue to use it and learn about it so that it can be an aid in the future.

iTunes
I had no idea that iTunes offered as much information as it has. I have had iTunes for a long time, but was completely clueless to the many tools it had inside. This is another tool that I plan on using in the future and as a teacher.

I cannot think of anything that I would have liked to learn. I did not know what to expect coming into this classroom, but I left with more than I ever thought possible.
Even though I may not use everything I have learned on a regular basis from this class, I do not think there is anything that I wish I had not learned. Every item we covered in class helped to show me the importance of technology being a vital part of my classroom.

My perspective on my future classroom and teaching technique has truly been changed. I have learned many helpful things from this class and can honestly say that I am excited to see the changes that will come from it. Being able to learn from each other and connect to people all across the world in no small deal. I love the fact that teachers understand the challenge of raising an educated generation to learn and think for themselves and are taking ever measure possible to better themselves and the way they teacher. I am excited to join this community in the near future and gain advice from these knowledgeable people. Thank you for opening my eyes Dr. Strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment