Sunday, February 8, 2009

Podcast Review

This research on exploring podcast was very informative. I had no clue there were so many different podcast available. Podcast are somewhat harder for me to pay attention too because I am a very visual learner. However, I was able to make myself focus and learn some interesting things from the podcast.

The SmartBoard Lessons podcast was interesting. There was a wealth of information to be explored. Two main speakers run this podcast in a conversation like style. It is interesting to hear them speak on different subjects and really draw a connection between SmartBoards and the classroom.

On the other hand, we have the KidCast. This was informative as well, I just had a much harder time paying attention to everything he was covering. It seemed more like a lecture format. I listened the the "60 Second Lecture". He was teaching on how to be direct and concise with the things you are teaching your children. He then goes on the discuss the different problems teachers have with this approach. It was interesting to hear his perspective on this topic.

The MacBreak Weekly was the most enjoyable podcast for me. I appreciated their approach to discussion. They did a great job of keeping their topic interesting. This would probably by the style of podcast I would use when given the opportunity.

Overall, the podcast were neat to explore. It is a great way to research different topics of your choice and find more in-depth research. I can see where they will become more frequently used for research and teaching in the near future if they are not already.

No comments:

Post a Comment