Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fisch Bowl Video

Informative would be an understatement of an adjective used to describe this video. It is hard to allow the realities of the statistics sink into my brain. It is crazy to think that far outside of my immediate surroundings. I hate to admit it, but it is the truth. Just allowing myself to watch the video and think about the information it contains is not necessarily enough for me. It has created a challenge for me to find my place in the midst of all that is changing in our society. Even more so, it has challenged me to find a helpful, beneficial place in my community, nation, and world.

When one first watches the video, one can become slightly overwhelmed or discouraged. It is hard to know exactly how to respond to such information. Who knows where we will be in the next ten years? I think the most important thing for us to take from this video is the importance of being well informed educators and being willing to find our place in fully educating the students we have the opportunity to teach. It is not enough to simply watch a video such as this one, and not see the importance of training a prepared and intelligent generation to face the twenty-first century. I plan on keeping this video and the information it contains at the forefront of my brain so that I can handle the information accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment